Address Confirmation Card
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why did I receive this address confirmation card?
California Elections Code 2220 requires that this card be mailed to each voter before the primary election.
2. What is the goal of this mailing?
The goal is to maintain an accurate and up-to-date voter registration file.
3. Does this mean someone tried to change my information?
No. The law requires us to mail this card to each voter.
4. Why is this card in English and Spanish?
This is a legal requirement under the Federal Voting Rights Act.
5. How can I update my name, address and/or political party preference?
You can register online at registertovote.ca.gov or you can complete a voter registration card at any library, post office or DMV.